Monday, May 23, 2011

Hand-me-downs and second-hand clothes




As a child, I remember having some of my sister's hand-me-down clothes. Kerry liked black. I liked red. So I guess in the end, I didn't end up with many of her clothes. Today, she sends me some of her clothes. She still like black. I still like red. However, in it all, I love to receive her clothes. And my snobby days of thinking that hand-me-down clothes or second-hand clothes weren't very good has gone. It is such a blessing to be handed a box of clothes when really you don't have much money to buy clothes for your children or yourself. To walk into a thrift store or go to a jumble sale and find good quality shoes for $4.00. I call these moments a blessing and encouragement. Many people consign clothes at consignment places. When I have done this, the money has helped me out immensely. So go ahead, look in your cupboard, and see how you can be a blessing to someone else. What you might think is out of day, someone might think is vintage, I mean your Nan's jewelry is now all back in fashion and what a tremendous way to honor her by wearing it. What you might see no good, someone might see a huge blessing. At the end of the day, it is true. It is better to give than to receive.
Wishing you lots of Tasty English Delights.
"There's always room for one more."

No comments:

Post a Comment