Friday, April 17, 2015

Norfolk Federation Womens Institute

While I was in England I went into some lovely bookstores that were in some stately homes. While at Felbrigg Hall I found a wonderful book. Norfolk Countrywomen's Year since coming back to the United States I have so loved reading it. The memories of home flood through my mind and I am transported to a world I love and miss so much. Norfolk England is like no other. It is a world where time has in parts stood still. The Women's Institute really is the very foundation of what England is about raising money to help many amazing causes. It is a group of women who soldier together to make a difference in their communities not wanting the praise but wanting to touch and change lives. As a child I remember the many Women's Institutes' bake sales and the wonderful smells from the cakes. You can find out more about them by clicking on the links below: http://www.thewi.org.uk/become-a-member/structure-of-the-wi/england/norfolk/about-us You should take the time to look into them and if you are able to join them, you should become a part of their history. Making a difference, young and old can be a part and join forces to change and help their community. I really suggest you read the book I bought I love it. It will transport you to the England I love and one day hope to return to live. The stories are true and allows you to see a small part of the wonderful Norfolk that I love and grew up in. http://www.amazon.com/Norfolk-Countrywomens-Year/dp/B001ID9D8S Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment