Sunday, September 15, 2013

Autumn 2013

As autumn approaches and the many colours of autumn appear to brighten our day, I am reminded of the many walks that I went on with my Dad and brother through the National Trust owned woods in North Norfolk. As a child I probably hated being dragged along, now I look back with such fond memories of being in a middle of a forest and seeing all the splendor and wonder, we did indeed live in Narnia so to speak. Narnia was our back garden and was full of life and one I took for granted. It was one with colours oh so beautiful and imagination galore.
Just walking down a street or my driveway I recall just loving and kicking the leaves and the smell of bonfires going in the village meant Autumn was here and that warm fires would be started in many homes. So if you get the chance, go for a walk take a camera and value this wonderful time of year and your Narnia. In America we have lots of pumpkin patches and the amazing different oranges and textures so should be seen or at least captured. In England go for a drive, sit outside a pub, and just take in the amazing majesty of this time of year. Perhaps you too are living in a Narnia so to speak but you have not bothered to step through the cupboard doors. Go for it it calls your name and I am sure like Lucy in the story "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" you will not regret it. Wishing a wonderful adventure in your Narnia. And remember there is always room for one more on our adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment